Thursday, October 15, 2009

Three Weeks (and some days) Postop

A little late again. Oh well.

I've had two PT appointments so far. Mostly they've been testing me, and mostly I've done pretty good. They did recommend continuing with three times a week sessions, at least for the next four weeks, to work on strength on my left side and vestibular function (balance). Probably if I were old they wouldn't worry about it too much but since I'm not, it makes sense to try to work on returning to as normal as function as possible. Hoping to get back home soon to work on 'normal' things around the house. I put the baby's pajamas on tonight, and it took me forever and Matt had to do the pants over again because the footies got all turned around, but they got on. She wasn't quite patient about it so I joked about "incompetent mommy". But I think with practice I'll get this stupid left hand back up to snuff.

My major problem this week has been in scheduling stuff. I finally heard back from the doctor I originally saw (on Sept 29th) to do my eye surgery, and he can't do the proceedure until Nov 2nd. So then I called the eye Dr I saw last friday, and he doesn't think I can wait that long (neither do I), so he reffered me to a Dr in his practice that does the same proceedure. I thought I was told I could have it done this friday (tomorrow), and organized my PT around that, but when I went in to see the new Dr, he said he would do it *next* friday. So then I had to reschedule my PT and the start of my OT. Now OT won't start until Oct 30th. And I had another week with plastic wrap on my deteriorating eye. Darn.

I've learned to sleep laying down. So that's cool. Also cool, but gross, is the scab on the incision is starting to come off. It's a little scary, and itchy. Oh, and gross. But I hear it looks good.

Some things that are bothering me:
-tinnitus in the left ear. I hear nothing but white noise constantly.
-the left side of my face. I wish it would just move!
-my incision. It hurts.
-my left hand. It's stupid at doing things.
-my teeth on the left. They just feel weird and out of place.
-eating. It's tiring and takes longer than usual. The up side of this is I may finally loose my baby weight. The bad news is food is the best!

I also caught the kid's cold this weekend. Coughing, sneezing, and nose blowing are not comfortable things. It's slowly getting better, but very slowly. I'm afraid it might move into sinus infection territory.

Trying to get involved with the Grey Ribbon Crusade for brain tumor research. I'll let you all know when I hear about a walk-a-thon or something.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole you are a remarkabele women. You have such a great family your lucky to have each other.
    Your blog makes me laugh and cry at the same time, keep writing.
    Everyone at work misses you, you are in thoughts and prayers always.
    Hope all goes well with the eye surgery
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete