Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Three Month Pictures




Three month post-op face.... "regular" face, trying to close eye, and trying to smile.


Really non-flattering pictures, but whatareyagunnado? I cracked the corner of my mouth trying to wipe lipstick off of it on New Years Eve. As it turns out, it's hard to put that stuff on when you 1) almost never wear it, and 2) can't pucker or move your lips.

Remember when I had red hair and could do this?


Ah, the good ol' days (2007).
I really hate the way my face looks now and am really resistant to people taking pictures. I'm just reallly hoping that one day it's better and that maybe I'll appreciate it when it is.







Also, I forgot I have a three month post-op scar picture.
Not tooooo bad, eh? You can probably tell the part that still hurts a fair bit. But about half of the 6" are within hair now.

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I had my AN surgery almost 20 years ago and I do not worry about my facial paralysis any more. I tell people "This is the way I look now, deal with it. I have!"

    I have a gold weight my AN doctor put in my eyelid to help me close my eye. Much better! It helped alot with my dry eye and made me look more even, instead of one eye big and one eye small. Check into it. I still smile crooked, like you, but I am over it. Life is too short to dwell on your looks. It is what's inside that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!

    Tammy, I actually do have a gold weight, believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete