Wednesday, February 3, 2010

19 Weeks Post Op (The First Movement)

I am in major need of an update post. So much has happened in the last two weeks it's crazy. But I only have a second, so I'll post the craziest news of all.

Is anyone familiar with the Winnie the Pooh movie where Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit's doorway? When Pooh finally gets skinny enough to 'budge' out the door Rabbit is practically delirious with excitement and yells "He bidged! He badged! He budged!"

Well, that's how I feel right now. About 10 minutes ago I was just looking in the mirror, and tried to do a closed move smile and the left corner of my mouth moved! Matt even saw it!

Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. I had 6/6 facial paralysis. It took a full 10 months before I could smile again. I had my eyeweight taken out and can blink now and my face is symmetrical. My smile isn't as big as it used to be but people don't notice. Have faith. At 6 months..........I got my first little movement...a twitch by my nose. I am now 2 years post op and things are still getting stronger. Don't expect much of anything from 6-9 months. I'll send you pictures soon. I looked just like you....full droop on my left side....no tone, nothing.
    angie from little rock. I have two little boys. I am 39 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy it's making me cry. Tears of joy are good for a change. Love always, Mom L.

    ReplyDelete